May 8, 2015

Mama and Baby Mushroom Amigurumi

Mama and Baby Mushroom
Lately I've been frequenting bookstores a lot. I loooove books! You know that right? :) Anyway…while I was browsing the shelves of Half Priced Bookstore, I came across this amigurumi book, Amigurumi Two! by Ana Paula Rimoli. Obviously I snagged it at once. It has a lot of cute and great amigurumi patterns, which I fell in love with. I had sufficient red and white yarn at hand, so I decided on the Mushroom Softies. Hence mama and baby mushrooms came into being.

Mama Mushroom
Here's mama mushroom in her natural habitat. She is actually the smallest size featured in the book. I worked it exactly as the pattern. The only differences are that I went down a hook size and used 9 mm eyes instead of 6 mm.

Mushroom Charm
The baby mushroom is worked in the same way. Only it is not as wide or high as mama. At the widest part it has 24 sc instead of 36. And the stalk circumference has 12 sc. It ended up being about 2 inch in height. I wanted to use it as a charm, so I added a little string loop on top of its cap. Here's the tiny fella hanging out with my keys. I think it looks uber cute as a charm - with your keys or bag.

Mushroom Charm

What fun/cute crafting have you been doing lately? Do share!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Have something to add? Please do share!

I love to read your comments. If you want to hear back from me, don't forget to click the 'Notify me' box, when you are done. Otherwise, don't forget to check back.