April 10, 2012

10 Things About Me

I just realized, I’ve written couple of posts already but didn’t tell much about myself. Silly me! Let me introduce myself properly. My name is Farah. I’m a Bangladeshi living in Washington state. Oops! You know that already! Here are a few random things.

Self Potrait: Comic book version

  1. I am proud to be an engineer. I have a BSc in Mechanical Engineering and an MS in Environmental Engineering. Engineering taught to me embrace my inner bad ass.
  2. I have been practicing yoga on and off since I was 13. I am a home practitioner; still headstands are a long way to go.
  3. I love the taste/smell of coffee but gave it up because of its acidity. Now I’m addicted to green tea. I love it both ways – iced and hot. Tip: do not brew green tea with boiling water; it will turn bitter. Instead cool the boiling water a little (5-7 mins) before pouring over your tea.
  4. I cook with way too much garlic, cumin and cilantro.
  5. I love polka dots. ‘Nuf said.
  6. I am a PC girl. Although I want to switch to Mac sometimes, I don’t think I’ll ever do it.
  7. I am very law-abiding almost to the point of annoying. Although I’ll break social norms whenever I can.
  8. I can't stand the smell of clementine. It drives me nuts.
  9. I have a soft spot for anything sci-fi (specially TV shows). My favorites are Star Trek : TNG, Enterprise, and Eureka.
  10. If I could I would eat Nutella or Haleem (a traditional bengali spicy food made with pulses, grains and meat) for the rest of my life.
0 comments

Post a Comment

Have something to add? Please do share!

I love to read your comments. If you want to hear back from me, don't forget to click the 'Notify me' box, when you are done. Otherwise, don't forget to check back.