January 31, 2013

Chunky Double Crochet Cowl

Couple of days ago I made this beautiful chunky cowl which I am enjoying currently. It is so warm and cozy!!! As the weather is becoming terribly cold here in Midwest, it is the perfect thing to wear. Also it took me only 3 hours to crochet the whole thing. Now I want to run to Michaels' to get all the chunky yarns and start making a ton of them! The pattern is from the lovely Stephanie, who blogs over at All About Ami. I adapted this from two of her patterns.

chunky double crochet cowl

The yarn was Lion Brands Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick® in Fisherman. I made it with 100 chains and worked in rounds. Which gave me a fairly lengthy (total length/circumference is 54 inch) cowl. After working 8 rounds, it ended up 6.5 inch wide. I wanted to loop it twice around my neck on extra cold days. So mission accomplished!

chunky double crochet cowl: looped twice

What is your favorite thing to crochet for cold weather? Please do share. I love to hear from you!
0 comments

Post a Comment

Have something to add? Please do share!

I love to read your comments. If you want to hear back from me, don't forget to click the 'Notify me' box, when you are done. Otherwise, don't forget to check back.