January 15, 2014

Hats and more hats

One of my very favorite things to crochet is hat. It requires minimal amount of time, effort and yarn. Most of the hats I have made only required one ball of yarn. And they are great gifts. I don't know about you, but the Guy only wears hats in winter. He's one of those people who get their winter jackets out at the last minute. He doesn't care much about gloves or scarves. The reason is quite a mystery- it's either his manly men psyche or he's actually rather hot (har). So every winter I make him hats, loads of hats.

The thing is there are not so much interesting crochet hat patterns out there. There are hundreds of beanie hats, but beyond that, not much. Knitted hats on the other hand are beautiful and in lots of varieties. Being a noob in the knitting trade, I'm somehow terrified about joining in rounds and decreases and such. Then again, you cannot just NOT do something because you are terrified. (Just don't encourage me to pet a cockroach; I might faint). So I knitted one in round too.

Here are a couple of my favorite hats I made for the Guy so far. #1 and #2 are essentially the same pattern. The only difference between these two are the placement of the single crochets. The pattern is my absolute favorite! I have made couple of few hats for gifts and got lots of compliments. You can find the pattern here through Ravelry.

Hat #1

Hat #2

The next one is a knitted hat. The pattern was found in Lion Brand's website. It's a fairly easy knit pattern. I love the colors I used instead of the original. The Guy was excited, because it turned out to be a very soft hat.

Hat #3

After reading a very good article on basics of making hats in rounds in Crochet Accessories Magazine, I've decided to make my own hats. And the next one was the fruit of that labor. I love the subtle ribbing textures in diamond patterns. I'm very proud of this pattern. And the Guy is in absolute love too!

Hat #4

Do you like winter hats? Or do you like making them for loved one? Do you feel like you'd want to make one of these in the future? Let me know in the comments below. I love reading your comments!
1 comments
  1. Do you have the pattern for that diamond hat anywhere? I love it and I know my guy would too!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to add? Please do share!

I love to read your comments. If you want to hear back from me, don't forget to click the 'Notify me' box, when you are done. Otherwise, don't forget to check back.